Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

A new space.





It's literally been over two years since I lasted blogged. When the creative forces struck again recently, there was just no way I could go back to my old neglected Ngaachi. The memories there seem like a lifetime ago and deserving of a space of their own. I needed something new, something fresh and simple. A story place where I can let my creativity grow. 

So when asking myself what my new blog would reflect, it seemed only fitting it would tell the tale of our River Nest dream, and our daily happenings and good folk we meet along the way. This year (2012) we purchased a little river side cottage on twenty acres of partly cleared bushland. Our dream home. Our dream is simple really, to slowly create a self sustainable property that will nourish and inspire our family, hopefully for generations. 

The only complicated part to this story is that due to our chosen careers, we are working and living four hours north in the wilderness of Cape York. Getting back to the property to fix the fence or plant some trees can be rather time consuming but we are determined to make it work. For now it's a juggling act of living in the moment, here in remote Cape York and manifesting the future, there at the River Nest. 

It's nice to be back. I hope you enjoy this space. Please say hi, and stay tuned for more soon. 

*Photos - Unicorns crossing, we live in a magical place. My boy finding treasure on the beach. Super kid, and our regular dinner view! Cooktown wharf, a favourite sunset family spot. 

1 comment:

  1. good to see you back with your inspirations...maybe it will impel me to get back into the swing of things! You take such lovely photos and write so nicely.

    ReplyDelete