Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Colour Burst









As the rain slowed, I covered myself in mozzie repellant and ventured off into our yard. A moment to escape my computer screen and never ending funding submissions. It feels like I haven't stepped outside for days.

The wet season brings with it a colour burst, mainly iridescent green, but also lovely hues of pinks and yellows. I love this time of year, when everything is at it's brightest and is saturated in rain drops. Here, the air is humid, the mozzies are thick, the days are short, we awe at the afternoon thunder, and the sound of rain pouring down on the roof is just oh so beautiful to fall asleep to at night. There is something so incredibly cleansing about a tropical wet season. It's a wonderful way to start the year. 

I look forward to more ventures into our garden and trying to capture the essence of the wet season. Hopefully someday soon, I will even work out how to make my photos supersize, all in line and with even spaces. Right now, I have to get back to work. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely collection of photos! There's something about the cheery colours and lush green foliage just makes me smile. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, Tara. Even though we don't experience the "wet" quite like you do, I too am a big fan of than iridescent green of the tropics

    Jodi did a FAQ over at her Che and Fidel blog and there was an explanation on how to supersize photos. Don't have the link, but if you search her blog I'm sure it will come up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those colours and this blog. It is beautiful. I will be here a lot more..xx

    ReplyDelete