Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

By the Sea




We are on holidays! Hooray! I'm over indulging in sleeping in, cuddles with my boy, time with family and the ocean vistas that fill every window of the house. For the next five days, the lovely Palmers Hill Estate is our home. 

We will be celebrating my Mother-in-law's 60th birthday in this amazing colonial mansion. I've never been in a house so big (it sleeps 18 people). I love the squeaking floor boards, the window boxes, the sun room, the cool draft throughout the house, the big old fire places, the heated pool, and all the vintage styling details inspired by the ocean that is right at our doorstep. This is just such a treat, especially the lovely cool change in the weather and the fresh ocean breeze. I'm not sure how I'm going to face the Far North Queensland humidity when I return home, for now, I'll push it to the back of my mind. 

After the celebrations we will be going back to the family home, just up the road in Balnarring Beach to enjoy the last week of our time down here on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula. We may even do a few trips to the city to enjoy some delicious food and check out a few antique centres! I'll be sure to keep the photos rolling over the next few weeks! 



1 comment:

  1. FAB!....have fun....that is one amazing place!. take heaps of pics!! x

    ReplyDelete