Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Selling Yarns



So for the last month, I've been living out of a suitcase... this week we are on our way down to Melbourne and I thought that before another adventure begins, I should actually catch up on what has been happening. 

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of spending a few days in Canberra for the Selling Yarns conference. A celebration of Indigenous textile design, filled with amazing presenters sharing their stories from their communities and how they have found their niche in contemporary market. A truly inspiring few days in chilly Canberra,hanging around the National Museum, exploring the National Gallery and seeing the amazing performance of the Seven Sisters on the banks of the lake. When I eventually return home I look forward to sharing some of our recent textile ventures at the Art Centre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment