Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

River Dreaming - A Change of Season

Source. 
  
Source.
Source.
Source.

Today I'm inspired by the beautiful images above, some simple ideas that may help with your transition into the new season. A change of season is defiantly in the air, I can feel it, can you? How I love the autumn change! I could almost burst, I'm so excited about winter! For us, winter means clear skies, camping, fires, festivals, hot teas and soups!

At home I'm burning eucalyptus oil in nearly every room to scare away any flu germs (Ba'il is sounding a little snotty), drinking hot chamomile tea to keep warm on the inside, making lime cordial (our lime tree is loaded) to increase our vitamin c intake, cleansing crystals to reenergise our home and lazying around while it continues to rain. 

I'm defiantly making the most of this weekend before our travel starts all over again. As the season changes and the tropical humidity begins to disappear, I'm determined to do as much as possible for my family to eliminate our chances of the common cold finding it's way into our household. This 'winter' we simply don't have time to get sick yet sometimes it's absolutely inevitable when our wee one goes to daycare and we work with so many different people. So as the season continues on it's change, I'm going to make sure I can pack as many natural vitamins into our meals as possible, stay on my eucalyptus buzz, keep our house spic and span (cleanliness is godliness) and maybe even get the warm clothes out a little earlier than normal. 

I hope your Friday afternoon is just perfect and you have a beautiful start to your weekend with tiny glimpses of winter sneaking through! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment