Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

River Dreaming - The Start of the 'Top Shed'

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
The next few weeks are incredibly exciting for us. A change is in the air, and as my husband transitions into a new job, he will take a few weeks to start the transformation of our 'top shed'. I've been waiting for this moment for what feels like forever. 

The top shed sits at the very top of our River Nest and over looks the whole property as well as the tops of the rolling mountains that protect the valley which our property is nestled in. It's a space on our property that I absolutely adore. Over the last few months, we have set up a temporary kitchen and pitched our tent under the roof. We have cooked on the open fire and the boys built a classic thunder box dunny and outdoor bathroom. Over the years the top shed will hopefully transform into a working artist retreat. However to start with, it will become our rustic home away from home and will be our own special space for when we travel down from Cape York to spend time on our property. 

The top shed project is something I've been dreaming up since we first purchased the property. Deep inside of me, there is a distinct feeling I want to give this space as it is transformed through 100% up-cycled hard junk and bits and pieces we have collected from garage sales and second hand dealers. I'm hoping by the end of the year, it will be fully enclosed with tin and stone walls, have a functioning semi-outdoor bathroom and a big open kitchen, and maybe even a garden or two. Our gypsy shed will finally be home to our eclectic bits and bobs and provide a warm, incredibly rustic, cosy space for my ever travelling little family. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds absolutely amazing. I have just stumbled across your blog, and I am so glad I did. Lovely images and words. I very much look forward to following along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete