Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

River Dreaming - Wee One



Source.
Source.

Source.


Source.
Source.

Lately I've been dreaming about the arrival of our wee one. This time round I've promised myself I would keep things simple. I plan on reusing baby clothes and cloth nappies which we still have packed away from Ba'il. I might however treat myself to a new sling as I wore Ba'il for close to two years and still do occasionally carry around my 16kg big boy on my hip. I especially love the Amber colour that beautiful Steph wears Remi in. 

Soon I will unwrap our baby basinet to air it out, the very same basinet I slept in when I was a baby. Ba'il took turns of sleeping in the basinet and in our bed for close to a year and for this reason I won't be setting up a nursery just yet. Instead I'll create a lovely little corner next to our bed so our baby can be an arms length away. As I keep reminding myself that simple is best, I find it so hard to believe that in only four more months our wee one will be in our arms. 


6 comments:

  1. How very exciting. I love the Sakura Bloom sling, and Steph makes it look even more divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph is SO divine! I met her recently at The Creatives. She is even more beautiful in person. x

      Delete
  2. I have Sakura Bloom in Twilight. I love it.
    I just got teary reading this. The thought of you waiting for the arrival of your bundle of joy. We didn't set up Parker's room either. His place was with us in our room or in our bed. Now he is in his room, there are nights I long for those early moments. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Belinda! I know that feeling too well. Ba'il sleeps in his own room now and I sometimes lay in bed and wish he would sneak in between Caleb & I. When Caleb works away, which is often now, Ba'il sleeps with me and I just adore waking up next to him. x

      Delete
  3. Am so with you re: not setting up a baby's room for a while. It's so lovely to have them close for as long as you can. Am excited for you, hope you're feeling well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kell, I'm feeling great. Probably a little over worked but feeling wonderful. Thanks for your reassuring words about the baby room. I'm just doing what feels right this time. x

      Delete