Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Creatives








This time one week ago, I sat in Belinda's light filled living room among eight beautiful women and together we listened whole heartily to Tim & Jodi sharing their stories and inspiration. At times I had goosebumps, other times I had tears. For most of the day I felt speechless. The energy within that living room woke something within me that had been stirring for years. 

With handmade notebooks and cameras in hand we explored the local neighbourhood and followed the eucalypt lined path down to a beautiful beach. I breathed the cool salty air deep into my lungs. The number of boats docked around the coastline and the number of houses built almost on top of each other felt a little alien to me. Part of me yearned to live closer to the city, the other part of me longed to travel 10 hours north back home, so I could start telling my story. For me, The Creatives was very much a personal journey, a 'time out' from my norm in the quietly challenging wilderness, a life not many people know of and one I often take for granted. For me, a day with The Creatives was an awakening of spirit. I came home feeling grounded, settled, motivated and ever so grateful for the everyday stories I have to share.

Tim & Jodi's gentle words, presence and encouragement is something I'll be forever grateful for. To share the company of those fellow creatives was totally priceless. I am totally blessed. To Jodi & Tim, thank-you. 

5 comments:

  1. It really was such a remarkable day! And so lovely to have shared it with such beautiful souls. Wishing you a grand weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was just so lovely to spend the day with such a great bunch of people. x

      Delete
  2. The more I read these posts about the day you ladies had, the more impatient I get about July! It sounds amazing and inspiring and like goodness for the soul xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet! What a tease, you poor thing. It is well wroth the wait though! x

      Delete
  3. Your photos are gorgeous! It was so lovely to meet you! I felt such a strong connection in the room. It was a very special day for me. Xx

    ReplyDelete