Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Around the nest - thoughts on a growing family.









Eucalyptus lingers in the air bringing a certain feeling of freshness into our home. It feels as though the washing machine is constantly humming in the background. Ba'il's newborn clothes dry crisp in the warm sun, awaiting the arrival of his new sibling. The sight of newborn clothes drying on the line brings a sense of nostalgia into our home.

I look at my beautiful Ba'il boy and it feels as though we bought him home as a swaddled babe only yesterday. Sooner then he knows it, he will become a big brother. I get a little bit sentimental about that if you can't already tell. I know I am making a fuss over nothing, our bedtime chats about the baby are a solid indication that he has some idea of what's around the corner. His complicated little questions astound me at times. He is working out the details of our growing family in his mind perfectly. I already see the proud big brother twinkle in his eyes. 

I have been thinking of how to make the sibling's first meeting super special. I'm considering giving Ba'il a small gift from the baby - a token of appreciation for being his or her big brother, just so Ba'il doesn't feel left out. At night I go to sleep thinking about the expression on his face and the things he will say when he meets his little brother or sister for the first time. I wish nothing more than a life of love, friendship and adventure for my children as brothers or brother and sister. I hope with all my heart that like my sister and I &  Caleb and his brother - they will become the best of friends. 

I'd love to hear if you did anything special for your first born once their sibling arrived or how your first born reacted to the new addition.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tara, I am new to your blog and have loved reading your beautiful words. When our third baby was born I made a special badge (out of felt and ribbon) for her big sisters to wear. They wore them with bride. One said big sister and the other biggest sister! Very simple but it made them feel so special.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete