Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Our backyard.














Endless dusty red soil road stretches as far as the eye can see. At the end of the road are untouched paradises that recently were whispering my name, calling me back to marvel in their simple glory. A chance to ground myself and prepare for what the rest of the year will bring. 

An eight hour drive along corrugated dirt road returned me to my old homelands in the depth of the Cape York wilderness. I brace my pregnant belly with pillows and gazed out the window as we drive through our magnificent Australian back yard.  A world away from the daily grind of routine - work, kindy, lunch boxes, dinners, deadlines. 

For ten days Ba'il & I sleep by the ocean in our tent, our worries were blown away by the sea breeze. We live simply, collecting shells, fishing, making evening fires, bathing in buckets and going to sleep with the sun to the sound of the waves. I am truly blessed to have this opportunity to refocus and to show my son how valuable the simple things in life are. 

1 comment:

  1. He is so lucky.Must have been a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete