Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

The days in between.



Most days are great, everyone is happy and routine runs smoothly. This week the days in between those good days have been testing to say the least. There were tantrums in the kindy car park, refusals to eat dinner, stamping of the feet, a crying baby, and the dreaded summer humidity and heat. The other night I went to sleep at 7:30pm with the children, however the next morning I woke just as exhausted. We were all just a little bit out of sorts this week and that's ok. I'm not going to beat myself up over it because those days in between the good days are all part of the journey. Unfortunately.

So come Saturday when Caleb is at home, I'm really going to try and bring back some 'normal'. I'm going to try to give Ba'il my undivided attention as we prepare for Christmas by listening to carols, baking, putting up the tree and having breakfast with Santa at the Cooktown pool. I'm even hoping we can fit a trip to the beach in because that's something we would do religiously but haven't quite got there since Milinh was born.

Come next week, I'm hoping the days in between the good days are less. I'm hoping my patience is more withstanding and the tropical humidity drops. We are getting there, steady steady.
Thank goodness it's Friday.  

The photo of Ba'il at the beach was taken around a year ago. I found it when I was looking through my phone at some ungodly hour of the morning while breastfeeding. I got all nostalgic about time spent with just Ba'il and I but I'll save that for a separate post. 

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete